Noteworthy Books™ publishes study guides for character-shaping literature.
Our study guides assist athletes, and all people, to have a deeper and transformational experience reading a ‘noteworthy’ book. Our mission is to help people develop character, grow spiritually, be great, and enjoy learning.
Rod Alm, mentor to 1000s of varsity athletes, scores authoring our first study guide for Murray Howe’s Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
Murray’s stories of growing up in the busy home of Gordie and Colleen Howe are top-shelf examples of how to gracefully skate through life’s most difficult challenges.
to Rod’s A study guide for Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
“Rod Alm’s study guide is outstanding. Rod and his co-creator’s have put to page so many principles that I felt, but had difficulty articulating, in such a powerful, poetic, practical, and applicable fashion.”
Author of Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father
Noteworthy wants to assist you so we made Rod Alm’s study guide available in 3 formats:
- Save your progress and responses to questions in online workbooks.
- Links to supporting content and videos within each lesson.
- Access to our Noteworthy Books Slack and Facebook communities.
- “AskMeAnything” sessions with Rod Alm, author of A study guide for Nine Lesson I Learned from My Father.
- An offline and tacktile experience.
- For people who prefer to hold a book and write out their thoughts.
- Beautifully printed softcover companion for your copy of Murrary Howe’s Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
- When you want to stay focused in a ‘Nine Lessons’ book club.
- For the tech-enthusiast who doesn’t want to carry around a book.
- Usability benefits of an ebook.
- Change font size or display mode for different lighting conditions.
- Highlight impactful ideas
- Respond to questions in the study guide using annotations.
‘Howe’ Rod Alm’s study guide has helped people:
“Throughout Rod’s study guide on Murray Howe’s ‘Nine Lessons I learned from My Father’, I read about how Gordie Howe treated his family and the people around him. That inspired me to think about how I want to be remembered as a teammate, friend, husband, father and co-worker.”
All Star Safety Defensive Back and Co-Captain, Huskies Men’s Football, U of S
“We drew countless parallels from Gordie Howe’s life to our own lives—identifying how we could improve. Reading this book with a close group of friends, who have also recently become husbands and fathers, allowed us a chance to reflect and see a man that we can strive towards being.”
NHLPA Player Agent, Formerly Huskies Men’s Hockey, U of S
Become a member now!
Subscribe to Noteworthy News™
Subscribe to Noteworthy News for updates about our first study guide—a companion to Murray Howe’s book Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father. We’ll never share your email address and we promise to keep our news ‘noteworthy’.