- Chapter 1 – Live Honorably
- Chapter 2 – Live Generously
- Chapter 3 – Play Hard but, Have Fun
- Chapter 4 – Patience, Patience, Patience
- Chapter 5 – Live Selflessly
- Chapter 6 – Be Humble
- Chapter 7 – Be Tough
- Chapter 8 – Stay Positive
- Chapter 9 – Friends and Family Are Like Gold—Treasure Them
- Epilogue – Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father
Rod Alm, mentor to 1000s of varsity athletes, scores authoring our first study guide for Murray Howe’s Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
Murray’s stories of growing up in the busy home of Gordie and Colleen Howe are top-shelf examples of how to gracefully skate through life’s most difficult challenges.
to Rod’s A study guide for Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
“Rod Alm’s study guide is outstanding. Rod and his co-creator’s have put to page so many principles that I felt, but had difficulty articulating, in such a powerful, poetic, practical, and applicable fashion.”
Author of Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father
Noteworthy wants to assist you so we made Rod Alm’s study guide available in 3 formats:
- Save your progress and responses to questions in online workbooks.
- Links to supporting content and videos within each lesson.
- Access to our Noteworthy Books Slack and Facebook communities.
- “AskMeAnything” sessions with Rod Alm, author of A study guide for Nine Lesson I Learned from My Father.
- An offline and tacktile experience.
- For people who prefer to hold a book and write out their thoughts.
- Beautifully printed softcover companion for your copy of Murrary Howe’s Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father.
- When you want to stay focused in a ‘Nine Lessons’ book club.
- For the tech-enthusiast who doesn’t want to carry around a book.
- Usability benefits of an ebook.
- Change font size or display mode for different lighting conditions.
- Highlight impactful ideas
- Respond to questions in the study guide using annotations.
‘Howe’ Rod Alm’s study guide has helped people:
“Throughout Rod’s study guide on Murray Howe’s ‘Nine Lessons I learned from My Father’, I read about how Gordie Howe treated his family and the people around him. That inspired me to think about how I want to be remembered as a teammate, friend, husband, father and co-worker.”
All Star Safety Defensive Back and Co-Captain of U of S Huskies